- This event has passed.
Transformational Account Development Planning
October 1, 2014 @ 9:00 am - 5:00 pm
[social_share style=”circle” align=”horizontal” heading_align=”inline” facebook=”1″ twitter=”1″ google_plus=”1″ linkedin=”1″ pinterest=”0″ /]
Account Planning is an essential part of managing your business relationships and creating growth.
Every sales account can be listed under one of three headings:
Most accounts fall under the first one, Transactional where you are happy to continue taking their orders and supplying them your product or service. Others can be considered strategic, where both parties can benefit from a more advanced relationship.
Now imagine if you could decide which direction your account was to take in the future, that you can take your account into the unknown and maximise not only your own profits but those of your accounts.
This is where our Transformational Account Development comes into play, moving your account from transactional or strategic towards YOUR vision for the future. Supporting them to raise their game while cementing a long lasting relationship that can only benefit their company and more importantly your bottom line.
This workshop shows how to create Transformational Account Development Plans which as the name suggest will transform your accounts to ensure that both you and your client get the most out of the relationship.
During this workshop we will analyse a real account that you are responsible for, and over the day help you devise plans and strategies to develop this account to it’s maximum potential.
You will leave with clear objectives on how to improve and grow your accounts moving forward in your FY14/15 planning.
What is a Transformational Account Development Plan (TADP)?
A TADP is built from six parts which we have developed to ensure that you can get the most from your account relationships. These are:
- Your vision for the account – This includes the target for the account and how you would like to get there
- Goals, Objectives, Strategies, Plans and Actions (GOSPA). This is a predefined and measured process of setting specific Goals and creating Objectives to achieve them
- Campaigns – The Key Strategies and the effect they will have on your account
- Contact Plan – including ‘C-Level’ contact planning and all engagements with the account
- Account GOSPA – individual GOSPA and target assurance planning for the account
- Purchasing Strategies – how this account buys and how this works for you
We use this methodology around the world on accounts worth billions and see excellent results from it every time.
- Identify potential Transformation accounts
- Create your Vision for a chosen account
- Create an Account Target Assurance Plan to assure your sales target and identify any gap
- Create strategies to meet your sales target and Account Vision
- Look at key campaigns for your account
- Rigorously qualify account opportunities
- Identify the account purchasing strategies and any bottlenecks that will stop you from reaching your Account Vision
- Identify potential Transformation accounts for delivery in FY14/15
- Understand the differences between transformational, strategic and transactional relationships
- Engage with the RDC 6 Step Account Plan using a real account with FY14/15 transformational potential
- Improve the due diligence and rigor in large account planning
- Ensure realistic, but ambitious FY14/15 account planning
- Create, present and validate an FY14/15 TADP on identified large account
“I really enjoyed the day and it was delivered brilliantly. More importantly, I left feeling more motivated and couldn’t wait to try out the new techniques I learnt” Jas, Geopost UK