- This event has passed.
October 30, 2014 @ 9:00 am - 5:00 pm
Negotiation is a core part of business, yet it is rarely discussed in isolation and almost always confused with selling.
A solid negotiator will maximise opportunities for their company. As negotiation specialists we have personally arbitrated high stakes deals for the past 30 years. We break the fundamentals of negotiation down, and then work through the different elements – we can insure that whatever your starting point, we can take you to another level.
This one day workshop explores the RDC methodology used in Negotiations and how to make it work for you. This course is just as beneficial to the experienced Negotiator as it is to a new starter.
A more entry level workshop than our ‘Master Negotiation Skills’ but will give you the tools and techniques needed when entering any negotiation to ensure you always get the best deal on the table.
- An Introduction to Negotiation
- Knowing when to enter a Negotiation
- Introduce and explain the 10 Rules of negotiation
- The 5 Phases of Negotiation
- A key understanding of the principles of negotiation
- Ensure a win-win outcome for you and the client
- Outline differences between selling, buying and negotiating.
- Accept the necessity of preparation and use of the RDC negotiation planner.
- Recognise behaviour categories arising during negotiations.
- Identify the techniques available to create better agreements with fewer expensive concessions.
- Create strategies to negotiate from a value proposition basis and deny discount requests.
- Provide delegates with an insight into the techniques for negotiating.
- Provide a negotiation framework and language.
“Metaphorically speaking, if you put Alan in a tank with a Great White Shark, the shark wouldn’t last 2 minutes in the negotiation…” SAP