- This event has passed.
Master Negotiaton Skills
September 30, 2014 @ 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
Negotiation is a core part of business, yet it is rarely discussed in isolation and almost always confused with selling. A solid negotiator will maximise opportunities for their company. As negotiation specialists we have personally arbitrated high stakes deals for the past 30 years. We break the fundamentals of negotiation down, and then work through the different elements – we can insure that whatever your starting point, we can take you to another level. This workshop will look at alternatives to Negotiation and how you know when is the right time to enter negotiations with the other party. It takes you through how to successfully plan a negotiation and the importance of a win-win outcome. With entertaining exercises and delivered by a world re-known Commercial Negotiator, this one day workshop will give you all the tools and techniques to win any negotiation.
- An Introduction to Negotiation and what it is
- Alternatives to Negotiation
- The Negotiation Mantras
- Introduce and explain the RDC 10 Rules of Negotiation
- A key understanding of the principles of Negotiation
- Ensure a win-win outcome for you and the client
- Negotiating using the ‘Jellyfish’ model
- Agree & Confirm
- Outline differences between selling, buying and negotiating.
- Accept the necessity of preparation and use of the RDC negotiation planner.
- Recognise behaviour categories arising during negotiations.
- Identify the techniques available to create better agreements with fewer expensive concessions.
- Create strategies to negotiate from a value proposition basis and deny discount requests.
- Provide delegates with an insight into the techniques for negotiating.
- Provide a negotiation framework and language.
“Metaphorically speaking, if you put Alan in a tank with a Great White Shark, the shark wouldn’t last 2 minutes in the negotiation…” SAP
“I found Alan’s training both useful and entertaining. It gave me a lot of food for thought, not only on a professional but also on a personal level. I have applied what I learned from the training with positive results!” Eli, Silverson Machines Ltd
“Old dogs can learn new tricks; the Negotiation Skills course taught easy to use, visual tool to keeping in mind all the negotiable elements of a complex negotiation, along with some guidelines which has greatly simplified my approach to planning and executing negotiations. ” Simon, ORACLE